November, the month of remembrance has one week left with Advent Sunday on the 28th when the churches will be ‘dressed’ in purple as we prepare for the coming of the light of the world at Christmas.
If you are looking for online daily Advent reflection here are a couple which may appeal.
The Posada sign-up sheet is in church ready for you to sign up so that the Holy Family can visit your home for the night!
And if you’d like the Nativity to take a stroll around the Valley like it did last year – I will need a couple of volunteers to help out – please be in touch if you fancy joining in. You’ll remember that the idea was to guess the whereabouts of the Holy Family each day on Facebook – no prizes of course!!!
Before that we have our church school’s open morning in Lambourn this Friday morning from 9 am to midday – do go along and have a look round especially if you have children, friends or neighbours wanting to know more – spread the good news!
Lambourn Lambs will meet on Monday mornings from 9.45 – 12.00 Nov 29th, Dec 6th and Dec 13th before their break – all welcome!
In other news Live Music is back in Lambourn and all are welcome to a concert in St Michael & All Angels on Monday 6th December 6.00pm. It will be a Christmas Classics Concert with Phil Daish-Handy and members of the West Berkshire Cello Academy. Entrance is free with a retiring collection.
The following Saturday 11th December at 12 noon Stephen Holmes, our church organist will be giving a Lunchtime concert in St Michaels as part of the Newbury & District Organists Association Lunchtime Organ Recitals programme. All welcome to come along and hear the wonderful Father Willis organ in action!
Dates for your diary
- November 26th Open morning at Lambourn CE Primary school 9-12
- November 28th Eastbury Christmas Fair at 5pm please contact Jenny 72741 or Fiona 71083 for a ticket.
- December 1st Wednesday @ 7 for Advent reflections based on Paula Gooder’s book The Meaning is in The Waiting. All welcome – please use the Zoom code on page 2 of the Pews News. Email/ring if you’d like to know more.
- December 3rd is Lambourn Christmas Fair @ St Michael & All Angels from 5.30 – 8pm with Christmas gifts, raffle, refreshments with mince pies and carols!
- December 6th Christmas Classics Concert with Phil Daish-Handy and members of the West Berkshire Cello Academy.
- December 11th at 12 noon Lunchtime concert as Stephen Holmes plays the Father Willis organ.
- December 11th The Heart of Christmas – family activities and fun in St Michael & All Angels from 3pm … including painting, prayer and presents! All welcome.
- December 13 & 14 is Carol singing in Lambourn from 6.30pm – come along and join in – details to follow.
The services for December are all in Village Views and I will be sending out a reminder for reference next week – meanwhile please find attached the Pews News for this week along with further information about the two upcoming concerts.
Finally, Dotty the Donkey will be appearing in Lambourn Churchyard soon – so keep an eye open for her arrival … around the beginning of December …